Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Delta Air Lines (DAL) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Delta Air Lines as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $316.4 million.
- DAL has traded 21,280 shares today.
- DAL is trading at a new lifetime high since being resurrected from bankruptcy in 2007.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DAL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DAL:
Delta Air Lines, Inc. provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo worldwide. Its route network comprises various gateway airports in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis-St. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. DAL has a PE ratio of 3.1. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Delta Air Lines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Delta Air Lines has been 11.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Delta Air Lines has a market cap of $32.5 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 1.8% with 1.89 days to cover. Shares are up 40.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Delta Air Lines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market, DELTA AIR LINES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 2400.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 112.48% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DAL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Airlines industry. The net income increased by 2942.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.00 million to $213.00 million.
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 42.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Delta Air Lines Ratings Report.