- CYREN LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CYREN LTD swung to a loss, reporting -$0.37 versus $0.06 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 70.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.26 million to -$2.14 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, CYREN LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.39 million or 1480.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for CYREN LTD is currently very high, coming in at 81.41%. Regardless of CYRN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CYRN's net profit margin of -26.47% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Computer Software & Services industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.3%. Laggards within the Computer Software & Services industry included ARI Network Services ( ARIS), down 1.8%, Mam Software Group ( MAMS), down 6.5%, ChyronHego ( CHYR), down 5.6%, Evolving Systems ( EVOL), down 1.6% and CYREN ( CYRN), down 1.6%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: CYREN ( CYRN) is one of the companies that pushed the Computer Software & Services industry lower today. CYREN was down $0.05 (1.6%) to $2.99 on light volume. Throughout the day, 43,595 shares of CYREN exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 101,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.97-$3.10 after having opened the day at $3.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.04. CYREN Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides Internet security technology and cloud-based services in Israel, North America, Europe, Asia, and internationally. It offers messaging, antivirus, and Web security solutions. CYREN has a market cap of $83.4 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 2.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are no analysts who rate CYREN a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates CYREN as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on CYRN go as follows: