- AFSI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.6 million.
- AFSI has traded 12,204 shares today.
- AFSI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AFSI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AFSI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AFSI: AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., through its subsidiaries, underwrites and provides property and casualty insurance in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. AFSI has a PE ratio of 11.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate AmTrust Financial Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for AmTrust Financial Services has been 566,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. AmTrust Financial Services has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 26.3% with 14.70 days to cover. Shares are up 35.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AmTrust Financial Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AFSI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 90.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 47.93% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AFSI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES has improved earnings per share by 17.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES increased its bottom line by earning $3.67 versus $2.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.38 versus $3.67).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry average. The net income increased by 21.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $83.88 million to $101.79 million.
- You can view the full AmTrust Financial Services Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.