Shares of JPMorgan Chase were falling -0.3% to $53.67.
The quarterly dividend is in-line with the company's previous dividend. The dividend is payable on July 31 to all shareholders of record as of the close of business on July 3. The ex-dividend date is set for July 1.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates JPMORGAN CHASE & CO as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JPMORGAN CHASE & CO (JPM) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The gross profit margin for JPMORGAN CHASE & CO is currently very high, coming in at 88.15%. Regardless of JPM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 20.99% trails the industry average.
- JPMORGAN CHASE & CO's earnings per share declined by 19.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO reported lower earnings of $4.32 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.43 versus $4.32).
- JPM, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, JPM has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $14,667.00 million or 26.53% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JPM Ratings Report