- COO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.2 million.
- COO has traded 193,228 shares today.
- COO traded in a range 208.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $5.38.
- COO traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 24 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 24 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on COO: The Cooper Companies, Inc. operates as a medical device company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. COO has a PE ratio of 22.5. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cooper Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cooper Companies has been 434,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cooper Companies has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of -0.06 and a short float of 6.3% with 9.53 days to cover. Shares are up 8.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cooper Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- COO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for COOPER COMPANIES INC is currently very high, coming in at 70.82%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.73% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $68.57 million or 43.99% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.14%.
- COOPER COMPANIES INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COOPER COMPANIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.96 versus $5.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.84 versus $5.96).
- COO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.98 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Cooper Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.