NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Williams-Sonoma (WSM) stock has had its price target increased to $65 from $63, UBS said Tuesday. The firm said the revision was driven by home furnishings category acceleration. A "neutral" rating was reiterated.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC (WSM) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- WSM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $305.09 million or 1.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.54%.
- WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.85 versus $2.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.15 versus $2.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 0.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $133.73 million to $133.80 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WSM Ratings Report