Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Graphic Packaging ( GPK) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Graphic Packaging as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GPK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.6 million.
- GPK traded 305,506 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:07 AM, representing 10.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPK: Graphic Packaging Holding Company, together with its subsidiaries, provides packaging solutions in the United States, Canada, Central/South America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. The company operates in two segments, Paperboard Packaging and Flexible Packaging. GPK has a PE ratio of 24.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Graphic Packaging a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Graphic Packaging has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Graphic Packaging has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.94 and a short float of 1.6% with 1.50 days to cover. Shares are up 9.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Graphic Packaging as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 29.28% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GPK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GRAPHIC PACKAGING HOLDING CO has improved earnings per share by 10.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GRAPHIC PACKAGING HOLDING CO increased its bottom line by earning $0.42 versus $0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.65 versus $0.42).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Containers & Packaging industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 0.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $34.90 million to $35.20 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 351.26% to $29.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GRAPHIC PACKAGING HOLDING CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -104.29%.
- You can view the full Graphic Packaging Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.