Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Energy industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.5%. Laggards within the Energy industry included Sonde Resources ( SOQ), down 2.6%, Tengasco ( TGC), down 4.2%, Escalera Resources ( ESCR), down 2.1%, ZaZa Energy ( ZAZA), down 11.6% and Enservco ( ENSV), down 1.9%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Enservco ( ENSV) is one of the companies that pushed the Energy industry lower today. Enservco was down $0.04 (1.9%) to $2.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 106,905 shares of Enservco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 133,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.01-$2.15 after having opened the day at $2.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.14. Enservco Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides oil field services to the onshore oil and natural gas industry in the United States. Enservco has a market cap of $86.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are unchanged year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 2 analysts who rate Enservco a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Enservco as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on ENSV go as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ENSV's share price has jumped by 105.12%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, ENSERVCO CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 99.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.55 million to $1.10 million.
- ENSERVCO CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENSERVCO CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.12 versus $0.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.25 versus $0.12).