- Hull recognized by the European Patent Office for his groundbreaking invention of the original 3D printing technology Stereolithography (SLA ®)
- EPO people's choice award voting now active through June 10, 2014
- Inducted into the National Inventor's Hall of Fame in partnership with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for his globally impactful and transformative work inventing and pioneering 3D printing
On May 21, 2014 Hull will be inducted into the National Inventor's Hall of Fame in partnership with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for his globally impactful and transformative work inventing and pioneering 3D printing. With this induction, Hull joins the ranks of formerly honored inventors, including Eli Whitney, Thomas Edison, Orville and Wilbur Wright, Henry Ford, and George Eastman, as well as Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. He also received The Economist's prestigious 2013 Innovation Award, recognizing significant contributions across eight fields of science, technology, and society."I am deeply honored to be considered by the EPO among the other high caliber innovators who have transformed the world and improved the human condition in tangible and powerful ways," said Chuck Hull, Founder and Chief Technology Officer, 3DS. "I always knew that 3D printing had the capacity to change the entire design-to-manufacturing process, but could not have anticipated the full impact that my work would have on every facet of our lives. It is incredibly humbling and exhilarating to be a part of this transformation." Learn more about 3D Systems' commitment to manufacturing the future today at www.3dsystems.com . About 3D Systems 3D Systems is a leading provider of 3D printing centric design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced on-demand custom parts for professionals and consumers alike in materials including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. The company also provides integrated 3D scan-based design, freeform modeling and inspection tools and an integrated 3D planning and printing digital thread for personalized surgery and patient specific medical devices. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods and reduce the time and cost of designing new products by printing real parts directly from digital input. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, prototype or produce functional parts and assemblies, empowering customers to manufacture the future.
Leadership Through Innovation and Technology
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the Color-Jet-Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented Multi-Jet-Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
CONTACT: Investor Contact: Stacey Witten Email: Stacey.Witten@3dsystems.com Media Contact: Alyssa Reichental Email: Press@3dsystems.com