The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU), a leader in global payment services, today announced the release of its first corporate responsibility report, covering 2012 and 2013. The report provides stakeholders with a view into the company’s corporate responsibility efforts, which include:
- Conducting Our Business Responsibly: How Western Union operates in a way that empowers our customers and respects our employees, suppliers, agents, and the environment.
- Creating Shared Value: How Western Union products and services benefit society while helping to make our business more competitive.
- Investing in People and Communities: How Western Union supports communities, develops our global talent base, and engages with key stakeholders.
- Expenditures of more than $150 million on compliance and regulatory programs in 2013
- Development of NGO GlobalPay, a shared value product that helps non-governmental organizations move funds where they are needed, often to remote and hazardous areas
- Partnership with the Better Business Bureau to raise awareness about consumer scams
- Participation in the Blue Campaign, an anti-human trafficking initiative spearheaded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Implementation of Education for Better, a three-year commitment to growing young minds through access to quality education for all