- DE has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 5.48 mentions/day.
- DE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $213.5 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DE: Deere & Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes agriculture and turf, and construction and forestry equipment worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. DE has a PE ratio of 10.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Deere a buy, 7 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Deere has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Deere has a market cap of $34.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 4.4% with 7.03 days to cover. Shares are up 2.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Deere as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$746.20 million or 40.27% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DEERE & CO has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 36.44%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Machinery industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 4.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $649.70 million to $681.10 million.
- DEERE & CO has improved earnings per share by 9.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DEERE & CO increased its bottom line by earning $9.08 versus $7.64 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.7% in earnings ($8.48 versus $9.08).
- In its most recent trading session, DE has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Deere Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.