Story updated at 9:45 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Baker Hughes gained 0.8% $76.59 in morning trading.
The analyst firm also raised EPS estimates for the company. Credit Suisse analysts said the numbers were increased following Baker Hughes' upbeat analyst meeting.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates BAKER HUGHES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate BAKER HUGHES INC (BHI) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BHI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.43, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 48.66% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- BAKER HUGHES INC has improved earnings per share by 23.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BAKER HUGHES INC reported lower earnings of $2.47 versus $2.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.10 versus $2.47).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry average. The net income increased by 22.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $267.00 million to $328.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BHI Ratings Report