Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Drugs industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5% versus the S&P 500, which was unchanged. Laggards within the Drugs industry included Natural Alternatives International ( NAII), down 1.8%, Reliv' International ( RELV), down 6.1%, EntreMed ( ENMD), down 4.2%, ProPhase Labs ( PRPH), down 5.4% and Celator Pharmaceuticals ( CPXX), down 4.2%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Celator Pharmaceuticals ( CPXX) is one of the companies that pushed the Drugs industry lower today. Celator Pharmaceuticals was down $0.11 (4.2%) to $2.49 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,670 shares of Celator Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 27,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.47-$2.63 after having opened the day at $2.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.60. Celator Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $69.1 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are down 20.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Celator Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
- RELV's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.82 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The gross profit margin for RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.04%. Regardless of RELV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.04% trails the industry average.
- RELV, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Personal Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 177.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.20 million to -$0.15 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Personal Products industry and the overall market, RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.