- NAUH's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.72, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for NATIONAL AMERN UNIV HLDG INC is currently very high, coming in at 78.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.52% trails the industry average.
- NAUH, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.2%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, NATIONAL AMERN UNIV HLDG INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1.74 million or 78.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Diversified Services industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.1%. Laggards within the Diversified Services industry included UniTek Global Services ( UNTK), down 5.7%, Lime Energy ( LIME), down 1.8%, DLH Holdings ( DLHC), down 4.3%, National American University Holdings ( NAUH), down 2.1% and PDI ( PDII), down 2.5%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: National American University Holdings ( NAUH) is one of the companies that pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today. National American University Holdings was down $0.07 (2.1%) to $3.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 16,493 shares of National American University Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.40-$3.44 after having opened the day at $3.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.48. National American University Holdings, Inc. engages in the ownership and operation of National American University (NAU) that provides postsecondary education services primarily for working adults and other non-traditional students in the United States. National American University Holdings has a market cap of $86.6 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 0.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 2 analysts who rate National American University Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates National American University Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on NAUH go as follows: