- TMK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.4 million.
- TMK has traded 3,329 shares today.
- TMK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TMK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TMK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TMK: Torchmark Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various life and health insurance products, and annuities in the United States, Canada, and New Zealand. The company operates in Life Insurance, Health Insurance, and Annuities segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. TMK has a PE ratio of 13.8. The average volume for Torchmark has been 445,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Torchmark has a market cap of $7.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 2% with 4.17 days to cover. Shares are up 3.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Torchmark as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 25.68% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TMK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TORCHMARK CORP has improved earnings per share by 16.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TORCHMARK CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.70 versus $5.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.23 versus $5.70).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TORCHMARK CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Torchmark Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.