Analog Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADI), the world’s data converter market share leader*, announced today the immediate availability of the dual-channel, 1.25-V,14-bit, 1-GSPS AD9680 A/D converter featuring the best noise and dynamic range performance in its class enabling the trend for direct RF sampling in communications, instrumentation and military/aerospace applications. Its noise density of -154 dBFs/Hz is the lowest in the industry. The breakthrough performance, bandwidth and integrated functionality of ADI’s wideband RF data acquisition technology allows for better signal extraction in congested RF environments over a wider bandwidth than ever before. The AD9680 is interoperable with FPGAs from majormanufacturers and supported with known good configurations. The AD9680 combined with the recently announced 12-bit, 2-GSPS AD9625 A/D converter , demonstrate ADI’s innovation in providing leading edge offerings driving the trend toward direct RF sampling.
- Order samples, evaluation boards or download data sheets: http://www.analog.com/AD9680
- Buy and evaluate today: Digi-Key Corp. and Mouser Electronics stock inventory of evaluation boards.
- Learn more about FPGA reference designs with Altera and Xilinx: http://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga
- Get questions answered by ADI engineers on EngineerZone™, ADI’s online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/data_converters/high-speed_adcs\
About the AD9680 GSPS A/D Converter: Highest Dynamic Range/Best Noise PerformanceThe AD9680 was designed for sampling wide bandwidth analog signals up to 2 GHz and features the industry’s best dynamic range and noise performance over its rated bandwidth range. When converting a 1-GHz input, the converter achieves spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) performance of 80-dBc and 61.5-dBFS signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) while consuming 1.65 W of total power per channel. Integrated functionality includes digital signal processing blocks and a configurable JESD204B interface, allowing designers to create advanced reconfigurable radio platforms that meet bandwidth and cost requirements across multiple systems. Higher speed grades are scheduled. AD9680 Key Features
- Wide full power bandwidth supports RF sampling of signals to 2 GHz
- Buffered inputs with programmable input termination eases filter design and implementation
- Four integrated wide-band decimation filter and numerically controlled oscillators (NCO) blocks support multi-band, multi-standard receivers
- Reference design platform simplifies prototyping
|Product||Availability||Speed Grades||Price Each Per 1K||Packaging|
|AD9680BCPZ-1000||NOW||1 GSPS||$584.38||64-lead LFCSP 9mm x 9mm|
|AD9680EBZ Evaluation Boards||NOW||1000||$750||NA|
|ADS7-V1EBZ Data Capture Board||NOW||NA||$2700||NA|
* Analog Devices, Inc. leads the worldwide data converter market with a 48.5 percent share, according to industry analyst firm Databeans, Inc. in its market research report titled “2012 Analog.” Analog Devices’ share is larger than the combined market share of the nearest eight competitors.EngineerZone is a trademark of Analog Devices, Inc. Follow ADI on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News To subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, visit: http://www.analog.com/subscribe.