MeadWestvaco Corporation (NYSE: MWV), a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions, today released findings from its new Skincare Research & Insights Study. The study explores the five-step ritual that grounds consumer facial skincare routines, and shows that product packaging enhances the sensorial experience of each step. MWV initiated the qualitative study to deepen its understanding of the role of packaging in the skincare category across international markets.
- Cleanse: This phase is characterized by feeling refreshed and cared for. A positive experience is fostered through packaging that can be operated with one hand, dispense the proper amount of product and prevent spills.
- Moisturize & Hydrate: This step is characterized by a feeling of pampering and indulgence. Women expect their products to be hygienic and backed with scientific assurance. Consumers are also looking for controlled dispensing and ease of storage.
- Renew & Brighten: This step is most commonly associated with anti-aging measures or whitening products. The experience is perceived to be luxurious and effective. Products for this step are expected to limit waste by allowing the consumer to use the last drop, control dispensing and have scientific efficacy.
- Protect: This is most common with women who live in areas of high sun exposure such as Brazil, and is often repeated throughout the day. This step is an important measure in hydrating and preventing sun damage. Products that serve this step should have a one handed operation, easy and controlled dispensing, and be portable for easy reapplication.
- Beauty Base: Women use foundations or BB/CC creams that provide an easy, protective and clean experience. Packaging should be clean and hygienic—especially in preventing residue buildup—and preferably portable and secure.
MWV has the expertise and technical capability to help brands leverage these new insights and enhance the rituals that rule women’s skincare. MWV’s skincare and cosmetic lines allow brands to match each product to the consumers’ desired sensorial experience, and deliver on needs for a range of products.Included in MWV’s skincare and cosmetics line are Aria ® , Sonnet ® , Prelude™ and Sonata™, which allow brand owners to create a family look with high quality dispensing solutions that are classic and versatile. These products also meet consumers’ expectations for clean and easy dispensing while delivering on the control and precision they expect. MWV’s full portfolio of beauty and personal care dispensing solutions will be on display at Luxe Pack New York, May 14-15, 2014, including MWV’s newly improved Orchestra® fragrance pump, and the Emotions of Spray Collection, which makes its North American debut at the show. The fragrance line is designed to allow brand owners to create a perfect match between the fragrance and the sprayer, heightening the consumer experience and increasing brand loyalty. For more information on the Skincare Research & Insights Study, please visit booth B-33 or http://newsroom.mwv.com/. About MWV MeadWestvaco Corporation (NYSE:MWV) is a global packaging company providing innovative solutions to the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, tobacco, and agricultural industries. The company also produces specialty chemicals for the automotive, energy, and infrastructure industries and maximizes the value of its development land holdings. MWV’s network of 125 facilities and 16,000 employees spans North America, South America, Europe and Asia. The company has been recognized for financial performance and environmental stewardship with a place on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index every year since 2004. Learn more at www.mwv.com.