- CX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $136.3 million.
- CX is down 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CX: CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V., through its subsidiaries, produces, markets, distributes, and sells cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and other construction materials in Mexico, the United States, Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, South America, Central America, the Caribbean, and Asia. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cemex SAB de CV a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Cemex SAB de CV has been 13.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cemex SAB de CV has a market cap of $15.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are up 5.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cemex SAB de CV as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- CEMEX SAB DE CV reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, CEMEX SAB DE CV continued to lose money by earning -$0.66 versus -$0.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.07 versus -$0.66).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Construction Materials industry and the overall market, CEMEX SAB DE CV's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CEMEX SAB DE CV is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.45%. Regardless of CX's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year.
- You can view the full Cemex SAB de CV Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.