NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- ONEOK Partners (OKS) stock is tumbling after the bell following the announcement of its public offering of 11 million shares of common stock. After the bell, shares had dropped 3.6% to $52.90.
Underwriters will also be granted a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1.65 million common units.
In a statement, the company said it expects to use net proceeds of the offering for "general partnership purposes and to repay amounts outstanding under its commercial paper program."
Bank of America, Barclays, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Wells Fargo Securities, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan and RBC Capital Markets are acting as joint book-running managers in the public offering.
TheStreet Ratings team rates ONEOK PARTNERS -LP as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate ONEOK PARTNERS -LP (OKS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 69.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $156.60 million to $265.39 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 153.06% to $459.16 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ONEOK PARTNERS -LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.30%.
- ONEOK PARTNERS -LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ONEOK PARTNERS -LP reported lower earnings of $2.35 versus $3.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.85 versus $2.35).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: OKS Ratings Report