- TRV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $241.8 million.
- TRV has traded 2,234 shares today.
- TRV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRV: The Travelers Companies, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides various commercial and personal property, and casualty insurance products and services to businesses, government units, associations, and individuals in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. TRV has a PE ratio of 8.8. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Travelers Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Travelers Companies has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Travelers Companies has a market cap of $31.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.12 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.95 days to cover. Shares are up 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Travelers Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although TRV's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.25 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, TRAVELERS COS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 36.42% is the gross profit margin for TRAVELERS COS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.68% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $703.00 million or 32.64% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TRAVELERS COS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -21.22%.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.