Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Himax Technologies ( HIMX) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Himax Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HIMX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.5 million.
- HIMX has traded 389,465 shares today.
- HIMX is up 3.6% today.
- HIMX was down 13.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIMX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIMX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HIMX: Himax Technologies, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, provides display imaging processing technologies to consumer electronics worldwide. The company operates through Driver IC and Non-Driver Products segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. HIMX has a PE ratio of 21.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Himax Technologies a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Himax Technologies has been 7.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Himax has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 46.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Himax Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HIMX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HIMX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HIMX has a quick ratio of 1.56, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.55 versus $0.35).
- You can view the full Himax Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.