- RL has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 2.06 mentions/day.
- RL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $151.3 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RL: Ralph Lauren Corporation designs, markets, and distributes lifestyle products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. RL has a PE ratio of 18.8. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Ralph Lauren a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ralph Lauren has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ralph Lauren has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.03 days to cover. Shares are down 13.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ralph Lauren as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RALPH LAUREN CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, RALPH LAUREN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $8.00 versus $7.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.38 versus $8.00).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $215.70 million to $237.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 15.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- RL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, RL has a quick ratio of 1.97, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Ralph Lauren Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.