Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Celldex Therapeutics ( CLDX) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Celldex Therapeutics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CLDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.1 million.
- CLDX has traded 367,910 shares today.
- CLDX is up 3.2% today.
- CLDX was down 12.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLDX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLDX: Celldex Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development, manufacture, and commercialization of novel therapeutics for human health care primarily in the United States. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Celldex Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Celldex Therapeutics has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Celldex has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.27 and a short float of 15.8% with 4.96 days to cover. Shares are down 54.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Celldex Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, feeble growth in its earnings per share and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 31.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$16.81 million to -$22.06 million.
- CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has managed its earnings and share float. We anticipate this stability to falter in the coming year and, in turn, the company to deliver lower earnings per share than prior full year. During the past fiscal year, CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC reported poor results of -$1.03 versus -$1.02 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 7.8% in earnings (-$1.11 versus -$1.03).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$14.96 million or 12.23% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 12.23%, CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -66.38%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CLDX, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 28.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 83.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- You can view the full Celldex Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.