- Clean up litter and help with vegetation and habitat management at Carl Hansen Woods, part of Cook County Forest Preserves;
- Painting, planting and outdoor improvements at Family Focus;
- Complete emergency food packaging projects and salvage fruits and vegetables at the Greater Chicago Food Depository;
- Support thousands of athletes at the Special Olympics’ Spring Games; and
- Paint, beautify and fix Aunt Martha's Youth Service Center and Health Center.
Nearly 800 local General Electric (NYSE:GE) employees are volunteering their time today to make a difference in the community during the 12th Annual GE Community Day across the Chicagoland area. During this day of service, GE volunteers will: