- The Board and management team have built an advantaged, low-cost, backward-integrated business model that is supported by a strong capital structure. The Company believes the business model has the power to deliver $500 million to $600 million in EBITDA when market demand fully recovers.
- Over the past five years, GrafTech’s Board and management team have implemented initiatives to improve the competitive strength of the Company during the industry’s current severe cyclical downturn and to best position GrafTech in anticipation of a recovery in the steel market.
- GrafTech’s Board and management team have a strong track record of value creation and a clear, winning strategy to drive long-term stockholder value.
- GrafTech's experienced and highly qualified Board is committed to serving the interests of ALL stockholders.
- Two leading independent proxy advisory firms, Glass Lewis and Egan-Jones, have recommended that GrafTech stockholders vote “ FOR” the Company’s experienced and highly qualified nominees on the WHITE proxy card.
- Flawed Industrial Materials Strategy: Redefining GrafTech’s graphite electrode commercial strategy to focus on capacity expansion and commodity pricing in an attempt to gain market-share would be met with an immediate competitive response and result in a long-term negative impact on GrafTech’s margins. The Milikowsky Group's commodity pricing strategy would create a race to the bottom and destroy value for GrafTech stockholders.
- Flawed Needle Coke Strategy: Current low needle coke utilization levels have resulted in soft needle coke pricing. An expansion of Seadrift capacity in the current low price environment would have an immediate negative impact on GrafTech’s margins and liquidity.
- Flawed Pricing Assumptions: The Milikowsky Group's value proposition requires the largest price increase in the history of the industry – approximately 40% and 35% for graphite electrodes and needle coke, respectively, at the same time it proposes to increase market-share. These assumptions are completely unrealistic in the current market environment.
- Apart from the initiatives underway at GrafTech, the strategies presented by the Milikowsky Group are either unsound, based on flawed assumptions, misleading in nature or simply inappropriate for a global carbon and graphite material sciences business like GrafTech.
PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT – VOTE THE WHITE PROXY CARD TODAYGrafTech stockholders are reminded that their vote is important, no matter how many or how few shares they own. Whether or not stockholders plan to attend the Annual Meeting, they have an opportunity to protect their investment in GrafTech by voting FOR GrafTech’s seven director nominees using the WHITE proxy card today. Voting by telephone or Internet is the best way for stockholders to ensure that their votes will be counted. Stockholders who have questions or need assistance voting their shares, or wish to change a prior vote of their shares, may call Georgeson toll-free at (800) 509-0917.
|If stockholders have questions or need assistance in voting their shares, they should call: Georgeson 480 Washington Boulevard, 26 th Floor Jersey City, NJ 07310 (800) 509-0917 (Toll Free) e-mail: email@example.com|