- SYMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $108.6 million.
- SYMC is up 4.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SYMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SYMC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SYMC: Symantec Corporation and its subsidiaries provide security, backup, and availability solutions worldwide. Its products and services protect people and information in any digital environment from mobile devices, enterprise data centers, and cloud-based systems. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. SYMC has a PE ratio of 16.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Symantec a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Symantec has been 9.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Symantec has a market cap of $13.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 1.8% with 2.43 days to cover. Shares are down 14.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Symantec as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Software industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 31.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $216.00 million to $283.00 million.
- SYMANTEC CORP has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SYMANTEC CORP reported lower earnings of $1.05 versus $1.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.86 versus $1.05).
- The gross profit margin for SYMANTEC CORP is currently very high, coming in at 88.15%. Regardless of SYMC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.59% trails the industry average.
- SYMC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Symantec Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.