Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Jazz Pharmaceuticals ( JAZZ) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Jazz Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JAZZ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $90.0 million.
- JAZZ is down 4.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JAZZ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JAZZ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JAZZ: Jazz Pharmaceuticals Public Limited Company, a specialty biopharmaceutical company, identifies, develops, and commercializes pharmaceutical products for various medical needs in the United States, Europe, and internationally. JAZZ has a PE ratio of 39.2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Jazz Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Jazz Pharmaceuticals has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Jazz has a market cap of $8.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.19 and a short float of 3.1% with 2.28 days to cover. Shares are up 8.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Jazz Pharmaceuticals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.42, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.73, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS PLC is currently very high, coming in at 89.85%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.45% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, JAZZ's share price has jumped by 143.39%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS PLC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS PLC reported lower earnings of $3.53 versus $4.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.21 versus $3.53).
- You can view the full Jazz Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.