Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Susser Holdings ( SUSS) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Susser Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SUSS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $108.7 million.
- SUSS has traded 3,125 shares today.
- SUSS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUSS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUSS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SUSS: Susser Holdings Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates convenience stores. The company operates in two segments, Retail and Wholesale. SUSS has a PE ratio of 120.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Susser Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Susser Holdings has been 404,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Susser has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.47 and a short float of 21% with 2.51 days to cover. Shares are up 20.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Susser Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 144.71% to $25.81 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SUSSER HOLDINGS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.19%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SUSS's share price has jumped by 45.54%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- SUSSER HOLDINGS CORP's earnings per share declined by 44.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUSSER HOLDINGS CORP reported lower earnings of $0.65 versus $2.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.32 versus $0.65).
- SUSS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.90 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that SUSS's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.63 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- You can view the full Susser Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.