Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified IsoRay ( ISR) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified IsoRay as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ISR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.2 million.
- ISR has traded 126,053 shares today.
- ISR is down 4.5% today.
- ISR was up 5.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ISR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ISR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ISR: IsoRay, Inc develops, manufactures, and sells isotope-based medical products and devices for the treatment of cancer and other malignant diseases primarily in the United States. The average volume for IsoRay has been 9.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. IsoRay has a market cap of $97.2 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of -2.64 and a short float of 11.6% with 0.73 days to cover. Shares are up 368% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IsoRay as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ISORAY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ISORAY INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.38%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ISR's net profit margin of -85.43% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$0.85 million or 47.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow ISORAY INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -66.38%.
- ISORAY INC has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past two years indicate the company has managed its earnings and share float. We anticipate this stability to falter in the coming year and, in turn, the company to deliver lower earnings per share than the prior full year. During the past fiscal year, ISORAY INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.11 versus -$0.12 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 18.2% in earnings (-$0.13 versus -$0.11).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Biotechnology industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 19.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$1.16 million to -$0.93 million.
- You can view the full IsoRay Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.