- TSLA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.1 billion.
- TSLA traded 621,557 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:55 AM, representing 10.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSLA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSLA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSLA: Tesla Motors, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and electric vehicle powertrain components. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Tesla Motors a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tesla Motors has been 9.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tesla has a market cap of $26.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. Shares are up 37.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tesla Motors as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TSLA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 100.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.91, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.33, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Automobiles industry and the overall market, TESLA MOTORS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for TESLA MOTORS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.56%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -2.64% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.