Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Gulfport Energy ( GPOR) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Gulfport Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GPOR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $77.6 million.
- GPOR traded 167,420 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:05 AM, representing 12.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPOR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPOR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPOR: Gulfport Energy Corporation, an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company, is engaged in the exploration, exploitation, acquisition, and production of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas in the United States. GPOR has a PE ratio of 37.5. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Gulfport Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Gulfport Energy has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gulfport Energy has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 14.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gulfport Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- GPOR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.56, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 52.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.88 million to $24.28 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 50.33% to $50.04 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.61%.
- The gross profit margin for GULFPORT ENERGY CORP is currently very high, coming in at 70.73%. Regardless of GPOR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GPOR's net profit margin of 35.52% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full Gulfport Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.