- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 64.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.35 million to $0.58 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The gross profit margin for COMMAND SECURITY CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.22%. Regardless of MOC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.43% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $0.34 million or 78.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Diversified Services industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.6%. Laggards within the Diversified Services industry included VirtualScopics ( VSCP), down 3.7%, Birner Dental Management Services ( BDMS), down 1.6%, RMG Networks ( RMGN), down 4.3%, Command Security ( MOC), down 2.0% and National American University Holdings ( NAUH), down 3.1%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Command Security ( MOC) is one of the companies that pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today. Command Security was down $0.04 (2.0%) to $1.91 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,701 shares of Command Security exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.89-$1.95 after having opened the day at $1.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.95. Command Security Corporation provides uniformed security officers and aviation security services to commercial, financial, industrial, aviation, and governmental customers in the United States. Command Security has a market cap of $18.5 million and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 3.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Command Security as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on MOC go as follows: