JACKSONVILLE, Fla., May 7, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Body Central Corp. (Nasdaq:BODY) today announced financial results for the first quarter of 2014. Highlights for the thirteen weeks ended March 29, 2014:
- Net revenues for the quarter decreased 26.6% to $59.7 million, compared to $81.4 million for the first quarter of 2013.
- Store sales decreased 24.8% to $54.6 million due to a comparable-store sales decrease of 26.8%, partially offset by a net increase of 3 stores from the same quarter last year.
- Direct sales decreased by 41.7% to $5.1 million from $8.8 million in the same quarter last year.
- The loss from operations was $9.4 million, as compared to income from operations of $3.9 million for the first quarter in 2013.
- The net loss was $9.3 million, or $(0.56) per diluted share based on 16.4 million weighted average shares outstanding. Net income for the first quarter of 2013 was $2.7 million, or $0.17 per diluted share based on 16.3 million weighted average shares outstanding.
- The Company closed 12 stores during the first quarter and operated 282 stores as of March 29, 2014.