- XOM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.1 billion.
- XOM has traded 44,276 shares today.
- XOM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XOM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XOM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XOM: Exxon Mobil Corporation explores and produces for crude oil and natural gas. As of December 31, 2013, the company had approximately 37,661 gross and 31,823 net operated wells. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. XOM has a PE ratio of 13.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Exxon Mobil Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Exxon Mobil Corporation has been 12.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Exxon Mobil has a market cap of $439.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.90 and a short float of 1.2% with 5.14 days to cover. Shares are up 1.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Exxon Mobil Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $15,100.00 million or 11.09% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EXXON MOBIL CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.61%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- EXXON MOBIL CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXXON MOBIL CORP reported lower earnings of $7.37 versus $9.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.48 versus $7.37).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 4.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $9,500.00 million to $9,100.00 million.
- You can view the full Exxon Mobil Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.