Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Dr Pepper Snapple Group ( DPS) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Dr Pepper Snapple Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DPS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.4 million.
- DPS has traded 17,156 shares today.
- DPS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DPS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DPS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DPS: Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. operates as a brand owner, manufacturer, and distributor of non-alcoholic beverages in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. The company operates in three segments: Beverage Concentrates, Packaged Beverages, and Latin America Beverages. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. DPS has a PE ratio of 16.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Dr Pepper Snapple Group a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dr Pepper Snapple Group has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dr Pepper Snapple Group has a market cap of $11.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.19 and a short float of 4.5% with 4.51 days to cover. Shares are up 14.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dr Pepper Snapple Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- DR PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DR PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.06 versus $2.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.46 versus $3.06).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Beverages industry average. The net income increased by 46.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $106.00 million to $155.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, DR PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Dr Pepper Snapple Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.