Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, American Express fell $1.16 (-1.3%) to $86.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,155,132 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,825,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $86.08-$87.25 after having opened the day at $87.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.36. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Altisource Asset Management ( AAMC), down 8.7%, First Marblehead ( FMD), down 6.9%, Tiptree Financial ( TIPT), down 6.5% and FXCM ( FXCM), down 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.