Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Axiall ( AXLL) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Axiall fell $2.29 (-4.9%) to $44.21 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,601,317 shares of Axiall exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,017,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.30-$46.91 after having opened the day at $45.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.50. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), down 9.9%, Senomyx ( SNMX), down 8.7%, Amyris ( AMRS), down 8.0% and Koppers Holdings ( KOP), down 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Axiall Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.