Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Newmont Mining ( NEM) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Newmont Mining fell $0.25 (-1.0%) to $24.60 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,434,173 shares of Newmont Mining exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,889,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.50-$24.82 after having opened the day at $24.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.85. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: KiOR ( KIOR), down 16.0%, Quicksilver Resources ( KWK), down 13.3%, Stone Energy ( SGY), down 11.0% and Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), down 9.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Newmont Mining Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.