Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hillshire Brands ( HSH) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Hillshire Brands rose $1.22 (3.5%) to $36.52 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,070,453 shares of Hillshire Brands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 966,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.38-$37.10 after having opened the day at $35.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.30. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: EveryWare Global ( EVRY), up 277.5%, Appliance Recycling Centers Of America ( ARCI), up 28.4%, Sypris Solutions ( SYPR), up 16.9% and Nautilus Group ( NLS), up 10.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hillshire Brands Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.