- AMTD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $113.2 million.
- AMTD is down 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMTD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMTD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMTD: TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation provides securities brokerage services and technology-based financial services to retail investors, traders, and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. AMTD has a PE ratio of 22.9. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate TD Ameritrade a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for TD Ameritrade has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TD Ameritrade has a market cap of $17.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.50 and a short float of 4.9% with 2.38 days to cover. Shares are up 3.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TD Ameritrade as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 45.28% is the gross profit margin for TD AMERITRADE HOLDING CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.80% is above that of the industry average.
- TD AMERITRADE HOLDING CORP has improved earnings per share by 34.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TD AMERITRADE HOLDING CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.22 versus $1.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.44 versus $1.22).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 34.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $144.00 million to $194.00 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 34.61% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 66.37% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full TD Ameritrade Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.