Choice. Versatility. Extensibility. Experience.Citrix Workspace Services gives partners and customers new levels of choice, versatility, extensibility and experience: the choice to use multiple public clouds, private clouds or enterprise datacenter infrastructure; the versatility to deliver a wide range of workspace services; the extensibility of a cloud-based platform for partners to build differentiated solutions; and the high-definition user experience Citrix customers have come to expect. Workspace Services provides the following functionality:
- A Platform for Citrix Partners – Workspace Services is designed as an extensible, multi-tenant platform for partners, including Citrix Service Providers, system integrators and channel partners, to deliver customer value by providing cloud-based orchestration and delivery for Citrix technology so partners can focus on addressing end-users’ complete workspace needs.
- Ability to Deliver a Complete Mobile Workspace – Mobile workspaces require more than just a hosted desktop or app. Users need a complete portfolio of services, including desktops, apps, mobility solutions and data sharing, to do their jobs. These services become the platform for enterprises to deliver a complete mobile workspace and for service providers to build a differentiated offering.
- Workspace Delivery on the Best Clouds – Workspace Services integrates with the best clouds for any number of workspace needs. It includes provisioning into the leading public clouds, private cloud providers, and the unique ability to integrate with enterprise datacenter infrastructure.
- Delivery with Citrix HDX Technologies – Mobile workspaces require the best user experience across a wide range of devices and network conditions. Only Citrix HDX technologies deliver an optimized experience for any device for use across changing network conditions.
- Unified Experience Across Hybrid Environments – By integrating Workspace Services with enterprise resources and existing deployments, customers and partners can unify the user and management experience across a hybrid cloud environment.
- Convenient Concierge Service – One-click access to a concierge from any device or app allows subscribers to get live assistance through their mobile workspaces. Built on the world’s largest on-demand support platform – Citrix GoToAssist – the concierge service addresses the critical need for supporting a superior subscriber experience.
- User-Focused Analytics –Workspace Services includes user-focused insights to analyze end-user experience, usage, environment and service performance across all locations and clouds. This gives partners and customers the ability to leverage cloud analytics to monitor both new cloud deployments and existing on-premises deployments and correlate issues across the environment.
QuotesMitch Parker, Vice President and General Manager, Citrix Cloud Services “With Workspace Services, Citrix is building upon its leadership in DaaS to help our customers and partners more rapidly take advantage of cloud delivery to create complete mobile workspaces for their users. Workspace Services gives customers and partners what no other vendor can, a choice in clouds, the ability to deliver a wide range of workspace services, with the high-definition user experience that users have come to expect from Citrix.” Brad Anderson, Corporate Vice President, Cloud & Enterprise at Microsoft “Citrix Workspace Services delivered on Microsoft Azure is the latest example of our collaboration with Citrix, which has always been centered on innovation and the success of our mutual customers and partners. Together, we defined the virtual desktop category and now we are collaborating on new Citrix services on Azure, which will do the same for the cloud.” Jeff Spagnola, Vice President, Cloud Sales at Cisco “The Cisco Cloud is specifically designed for the delivery of mission-critical workloads such as Citrix Workspace Services. By offering solutions such as desktop-as-a-service, the Citrix Workspace Services offering complements our mutual vision for an open, flexible and scalable architecture truly built to support the Internet of Everything.” Rick Dehlinger, CTO at nGenx “Citrix technologies provide nGenx a great platform for delivering compelling services from the cloud. Citrix embracing a 'cloud first' strategy with Workspace Services aligns with our own and the direction the cloud-based platform is headed should ultimately give nGenx more opportunity to focus on what we do best - solving the hard problems for our partners and customers.” Availability Citrix Workspace Services will be available as a technology preview with cloud desktops in the second half of 2014. Related Links
- Announcement: Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Microsoft Blog: Collaborating with Citrix on the Future of DaaS
- Blog: Citrix Workspace Services – mobile workspaces for the best cloud, yours
- Blog: Citrix Workspace Services – The Opportunity for Citrix Service Providers
- Workspace Services page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix, #citrixsynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.Citrix, Citrix Synergy, Workspace Services, XenDesktop, XenApp, HDX, XenMobile, ShareFile and GoToAssist are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.