Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix announced a new release of its Citrix XenMobile® enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution and a technology preview of new WorxNotes™, WorxEdit™ and WorxDesktop™ workflow-driven mobile productivity apps. The new XenMobile release includes significant enhancements to user experience, platform security and support, as well as management integrations that improve scalability and speed time to value for business. The new workflow-driven mobile productivity apps from Citrix are key business apps with intelligent integrations that seamlessly work together, resulting in a simple and intuitive user experience. For example, people can join a meeting directly from their calendar, take notes and distribute them to all participants with just a few simple taps. As a result, mobile employees can be more productive on their tablets and phones, while IT retains control. Mobility is a top priority for virtually every organization, from healthcare providers to government institutions, as evidenced by XenMobile’s more than 100 percent year-on-year growth in Q1 FY2014. In order to stay agile and drive business growth, today’s organizations are recognizing the need to securely deliver mobile workspaces that provide all the business tools and information their employees need to be productive in the office and on the go. Over 85 percent of Citrix Mobile Platform customers are choosing integrated EMM offerings versus standalone MDM technologies, because they recognize the urgency for securing and delivering more intelligent and intuitive apps to effectively mobilize their workforce. XenMobile now offers the industry’s most complete family of secure workflow-driven mobile productivity apps for business. New XenMobile Release Highlights
- WorxMail™ & WorxWeb™ Enhancements - Adds new, intuitive features in WorxMail for secure mobile email to help people navigate quickly between email, calendar and contacts. The latest version reduces the time spent reading, deleting and sorting through emails. For example, people can quickly go through emails with a swipe up to mark the email read, or swipe down to delete the email. WorxWeb for secure web access sports an improved user interface and support for offline viewing of webpages.
- Windows Phone 8 Support - Integrates and extends support for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8. IT organizations can manage iOS, Android and Windows devices from a single platform with a common feature set and improve productivity with new WorxMail and WorxWeb for Windows Phone 8.
- Enhanced Security Capabilities - Secure data in motion and at rest on mobile devices with cross-platform FIPS 140-2 compliance, including iOS and Android devices, and third party penetration testing.
- Cloud Enhancements - All of the new capabilities are also available for XenMobile cloud deployments in high availability configurations.
- WorxNotes - Enables people to easily capture notes using the app on their mobile devices, send the notes to colleagues via WorxMail, associate the notes with calendar invites and store the notes in Citrix ShareFile®. People can securely and easily attach media files, audio clips, white-board discussions and camera objects directly into WorxNotes to capture and share notes in any format.
- WorxEdit - Simplifies editing of local files on mobile devices that are received as attachments in WorxMail, stored on corporate desktops or saved in ShareFile. The app provides rich content editing for office documents stored locally on mobile devices with the ability to sync and share the edits with colleagues.
- WorxDesktop - Allows people to instantly access their files, apps or desktop from their mobile devices. This app provides remote connectivity to physical desktops and enables people to easily resume working anywhere, anytime.
- Worx-enabled Third-Party Apps - A rich collection of new third-party Worx-enabled apps for productivity, mobile app development and management services are available in the Citrix Worx App Gallery. New apps include ArmorText for secure messaging, AnyPresence for mobile backend as a service (MBaaS), Comply 365 for secure content access, Tangoe for telecom expense management and mobility managed services and Xerox Mobile Print for mobile printing.
Rajiv Taori, Vice President of Product Management, Mobile Platforms Group, Citrix“Citrix has focused on delivering applications to anyone, anytime, on any network for decades. Building on this rich experience, Citrix solutions have evolved to deliver against this new IT imperative of mobility by providing mobile workspace solutions that enable new ways for people to work better. The new workflow-driven mobile apps in XenMobile provide seamless integration between commonly used enterprise apps, improving the productivity of business users. We have also made significant enhancements to XenMobile cloud, allowing us to deliver these innovations equally in the cloud or on-premises.” Availability XenMobile 9.0 will be available for download in June 2014. WorxNotes, WorxEdit and WorxDesktop will be available for a technology preview for existing customers with active maintenance in June 2014. For more information, please contact Citrix sales. Related Links
- Announcement: Citrix Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Announcement: Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution
- Blog: XenMobile 9.0 Puts Business Users in the Driver Seat
- Blog: Workflow-Driven Apps will Change User's Mobile Experience
- Blog: Citrix Worx App Partners Add Functions Businesses Need
- Blog: Top Enterprise Mobility Trends
- XenMobile Page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix, #CitrixSynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
Citrix, Citrix Synergy, Citrix XenMobile, Citrix ShareFile, WorxDesktop, WorxEdit, WorxMail, WorxNotes and WorxWeb are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.