Today at Citrix Synergy™, Cisco and Citrix announced they are bringing their industry-leading technologies together in a tested and validated enterprise mobility infrastructure solution. The Cisco® Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix - including the new Citrix Workspace Suite™ also announced today at Synergy - simplifies how organizations provide highly secure and optimized access to apps, data, communications and services on any device from networked locations. As enterprises and government institutions of all sizes mobilize their workforce, they need an effective and flexible mobility infrastructure based on highly diverse technologies that work in sync. Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix is the first end-to-end solution on the market to deliver a complete mobility platform by incorporating Citrix Workspace Suite. Cisco and Citrix are expanding their existing joint portfolio of solutions and go-to-market activities around desktop virtualization, cloud services and networking to mobile workspaces. Together, they are working to help organizations mobilize employees, no matter where they are on their enterprise mobility journey. Cisco’s leading unified access, security and computing technologies, combined with its expertise in unified communications and collaboration, provide a strong foundation for the joint solution. The new Citrix Workspace Suite delivers application and desktop virtualization as well as highly secure mobile access control and enterprise mobility management (EMM), including enterprise file sharing. The combined solution is customizable and can be deployed in part or comprehensively to meet the broadest range of workstyles and business requirements. Solution Highlights The Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix combines all the technologies needed for an end-to-end enterprise mobility infrastructure solution. Highlights include:
- Highly secure access to major applications, data and services for employees: Regardless of application type - Windows, web, software as a service (SaaS), native mobile, voice or video - the combined solution helps employees easily access all of their applications, data, collaboration services and even their personalized desktops from any device, including tablets, smartphones, PCs, Macs or thin clients, anywhere, anytime.
- Intelligence and performance to optimize the user experience: As mobile device and application use increases, the solution maintains a high-performance business application experience for employees in any location. For example, Cisco Unified Access combines the latest wireless and application optimization technologies to support high-density mobile environments.
- Multiple integration points for simplified IT deployment options: The combined solution includes multiple integration points that simplify the process for IT and make a better experience for users. For example, Citrix XenMobile® enterprise mobility management solution directly integrates with the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for automated policy enforcement. Files, applications and services can be accessed with greater security based on user, role, device and location.
- Cisco Validated Design to help ensure pretested interoperability: To simplify and accelerate implementations, a reference design architecture will be available. It is the result of extensive testing of the combined solution. This design architecture is a continuation of the open ecosystem strategy for supporting customer choice shared by both Cisco and Citrix.
QuotesDavid Bratt, director of technology services, Miami Children’s Hospital “Citrix and Cisco technologies have helped us build a flexible telehealth platform that enables doctors to access, share and collaborate around patient and medical information wherever they are. However, technology is constantly changing, and our work doesn't stop here. The combined Citrix and Cisco mobile workspace validated infrastructure will provide faster, more reliable, and more integrated deployments - an important and attractive component for us as we look to move further along our enterprise mobility journey." Mark Melvin, chief technology officer, ePlus Technology “Building an effective mobility infrastructure can be very complex, requiring a significant number of integration points as well as the time and resources for IT organizations to coordinate on their own. The combined Cisco and Citrix Mobile Workspace solution drastically simplifies the entire process. In addition, it provides a repeatable framework that allows us to tailor the solution to each customer’s unique requirements.” Sujai Hajela, senior vice president of Enterprise Networking Group, Cisco “We have been a strategic partner with Citrix for many years, and our goal of helping customers build on their mobility initiatives is first and foremost. Together, our solution makes it possible for employees and end-users to access their applications and content from their user-owned or corporate issued devices, easily and with a great degree of security.” Sudhakar Ramakrishna, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise and Service Provider Division, Citrix “Our alliance with Cisco spans many years, and as Cisco’s first mobile workspace partner, we share a common vision of helping customers embrace mobility by seamlessly uniting our technologies to deliver a solution that enables better ways of working. Today, we are delivering on that vision by offering customers a powerful solution that enhances user experience and productivity while simplifying and securing IT infrastructure in a cost-effective manner.”
AvailabilityCisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix with Cisco Validated Design (CVD) will be available by the end of May 2014. For more information, please contact Citrix or Cisco sales. Related Links:
- Announcement: Citrix Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Announcement: Citrix Introduced Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution
- Cisco Blog: Get Your Mobile Workspace Solution Now - from Cisco and Citrix
- Cisco Blog: Setting the Stage for the Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix
- Citrix Blog: Citrix and Cisco Collaborate to Help Customers Embrace Mobile Workspaces
- Citrix Blog: The Significance of Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix and Enterprise Mobility Management
- Logicalis Blog: Mobile Workspace Station - A port of refuge on the transformation journey
- Cisco Video
- Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix
- Citrix Workspace Suite
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Cisco Twitter: @Cisco
- Citrix Twitter: @Citrix, #CitrixSynergy
- Cisco Facebook: Cisco
- Citrix Facebook: Citrix
- Cisco RSS feed
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.Citrix, Citrix Synergy, Citrix Mobile Workspace and XenMobile are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.