NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of JinkoSolar Holding Co. (JKS) are higher by 4.61% to $28.62 after the Chinese solar power product manufacturer announced that it reaffirms its guidance for the first quarter of 2014 and full year 2014.
The company said total solar module shipments are expected to be in the range of 440 MW and 470 MW for the first quarter of 2014 and total solar module shipments are expected to be in the range of 2.3 GW to 2.5 GW, with total project development scale expected to be above 400 MW for the full year 2014.
The company plans to release its unaudited financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014 before the open of U.S. markets on Tuesday, May 27, 2014.
TheStreet Ratings team rates JINKOSOLAR HOLDING CO as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JINKOSOLAR HOLDING CO (JKS) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- JKS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 102.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 116.05% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 318.19% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for JINKOSOLAR HOLDING CO is rather low; currently it is at 24.57%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JKS's net profit margin of 7.34% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.68 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.49, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JKS Ratings Report