NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of Avago Technologies Ltd. (AVGO - Get Report) are up 3.97% to $66.80 on Tuesday after the company announced it has completed its acquisition of LSI Corporation (LSI - Get Report).
Avago Technologies, which designs, develops and supplies a range of analog semiconductor devices focusing III-V based products, paid $11.15 per share for LSI Corp, which develops and markets high-performance storage and networking semiconductors.
The purchase was an all-cash transaction valued at $6.6 billion.
The company said the deal "creates a highly diversified semiconductor market leader with approximately $5 billion in projected annual revenues."
Avago Technologies will replace LSI Corp. on the S&P 500 after the close of trading on Wednesday, May 7.
TheStreet Ratings team rates AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD (AVGO) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- AVGO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.94, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 102.71% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AVGO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD is rather high; currently it is at 55.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.89% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $229.00 million or 23.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.16%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AVGO Ratings Report