With 45% of shoppers already using their mobile devices for mobile coupons, Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:MSI) is announcing a new unified indoor locationing platform to help organizations better meet the demand for customer engagement. Motorola’s MPact Platform for Mobile Marketing is the first of its kind to offer both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® Smart technology to engage with shoppers in the aisle when buying decisions are being made. The solution enables shoppers to opt-in and receive customized offers and personal assistance via a Bluetooth Smart-triggered loyalty app and access Wi-Fi to locate products in store, read reviews, compare prices and look up information. Locationing technology translates into relevant discounts and special offers for shoppers as well as attentive service that can enhance the overall in-store experience. MPact offers three levels of location services: Presence, Zone and Position using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart to pinpoint the exact location of customer devices in relation to the merchandise they are looking at. The combination of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart technology gives insight and visibility to a shopper’s journey in the store while eliminating the need for retailers to deploy, integrate and manage two separate technologies. Motorola is collaborating with four technology vendors to help make MPact an end-to-end locationing solution providing benefits to retailers and customers who opt in. Aisle411 makes shopping in-store easier, allowing users to find products with inventory searchable indoor maps while receiving special offers based on their location in the aisle. Digby’s Localpoint location marketing platform allows retailers to engage shoppers and measure performance at every step of the customer journey from neighborhood to front door to the aisle. Phunware provides turn-key, multi-screen solutions integrated with the MPact platform that engage, manage and monetize users. Swirl’s beacon marketing platform allows retailers to deliver highly relevant mobile content and experiences to customers while they shop. KEY FACTS
- By offering both Bluetooth Smart and Wi-Fi as underlying technologies to provide a comprehensive indoor locationing engine, MPact can enable customer engagement to a whole new level with the right offers, right assistance and right information at the moment of decision.
- MPact’s comprehensive suite of components include:
- Bluetooth Smart beacons, which transmit radio signals to smart phones/tablets, can operate in various modes including Apple’s iBeacon®.
- Apple® iOS and Android® client software development kits (SDK) for integration into loyalty applications for shopper smart phones/tablets.
- An installation application and cloud-based server software with floor plan views, shopper traffic flow insight with analytics and Bluetooth Smart beacon management capabilities.
- Motorola provides WLAN solutions to support in-store Wi-Fi networks powered by the WiNG 5 operating system. WiNG 5 provides the advanced brainpower required to create network awareness for the WLAN, allowing every piece of infrastructure in a wireless network to work together to route every transmission as efficiently as possible.
SUPPORTING RESOURCESWebsite: Motorola Solutions Wireless LAN Website: Motorola Solutions Retail Website: MPact Platform for Mobile Marketing Twitter: @MotWireless Facebook: Motorola Solutions About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our news feed. Apple® and iBeacon® are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged. MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved