SCHAUMBURG, Ill., May 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGNT), a leader of specialty pharmaceutical products with a specific emphasis on the injectable market, today announced financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2014. First Quarter 2014 Highlights
- Revenue increased 18% to a record $70.9 million driven by base business demand and products launched in the last twelve months;
- Reported gross profit increased 10% to $20.4 million, or 28.8% of net revenue, inclusive of $1.5 million of expense due to unabsorbed manufacturing costs at our SCP facility;
- Adjusted Gross Profit 1 increased 8% to $20.7 million, or 29.2% of net revenue;
- Net income of $5.1 million, or diluted earnings per share of $0.16; and
- Launched Adenosine Injection.