Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Target ( TGT) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Target fell $2.14 (-3.5%) to $59.87 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16,169,574 shares of Target exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,827,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $59.62-$61.60 after having opened the day at $61.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.01. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: GameStop ( GME), down 4.4%, Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores ( SHOS), down 4.4%, ALCO Stores ( ALCS), down 4.1% and BioScrip ( BIOS), down 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Target Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.