Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vale ( VALE) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Vale fell $0.20 (-1.5%) to $13.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 14,077,211 shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21,660,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.25-$13.65 after having opened the day at $13.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.57. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Pacific Booker Minerals ( PBM), down 12.9%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), down 8.6%, Koppers Holdings ( KOP), down 8.0% and Kosmos Energy ( KOS), down 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.