Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HDFC Bank ( HDB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, HDFC Bank rose $0.52 (1.3%) to $40.83 on light volume. Throughout the day, 561,485 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,195,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.71-$40.89 after having opened the day at $39.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.31. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Midsouth Bancorp ( MSL), up 4.8%, Mid Penn Bancorp ( MPB), up 4.1%, Broadway Financial ( BYFC), up 4.1% and ICICI Bank ( IBN), up 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full HDFC Bank Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.